Autonomous System Networking - Izhak Rubin, Ph.D.
Izhak Rubin received the B.Sc. and M.Sc. from the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel, in 1964 and 1968, respectively, and the Ph.D. degree from Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, in 1970, all in Electrical Engineering. Dr. Rubin's research and teaching interests include communications/telecommunications, computer networks, multimedia IP networks, UAV/UGV-aided networks, integrated system and network management, C4ISR systems and networks, optical networks, network simulations and analysis.
- I. Rubin, Y-Y. Lin, A. Baiocchi, F. Cuomo, P. Salvo, “Vehicular Backbone Networking Protocol for Highway Broadcasting using Directional Antennas,” Proceedings of IEEE GLOBECOM Conference (GLOBECOM’ 2013), Atlanta, Georgia, December, 2013.
- I. Rubin, A. Baiocchi, F. Cuomo, P. Salvo, “Vehicular Backbone Network Approach to Vehicular Military Ad Hoc Networks,” Proceedings of IEEE MILCOM Conference (MILCOM’ 2013), San Diego, California, November, 2013.
- I. Rubin, Y-Y. Lin, A. Baiocchi, F. Cuomo, P. Salvo, “Rapid Dissemination of Public Safety Message Flows in Vehicular Networks,” Journal of Communications (JCM), Vol. 9, No. 8, pp. 616-626, August 2014.
- F. Cuomo, I. Rubin, A. Baiocchi, P. Salvo, “Enhanced VANET broadcast throughput capacity via a dynamic backbone architecture,” Ad Hoc Networks journal, Vol. 21, pp. 42-59, Elsevier, April 2014.
- I. Rubin, H-B Chang, R. Cohen, “Micro Base Station Aided Failover for Multicast Scheduling in Wireless Cellular Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 5251-5263, Sept. 2014.
- X. Huang, I. Rubin, “Bit-per-Joule Performance of Power Saving Ad-hoc Networks with a Mobile Backbone,” Wireless Networks (WINET), ISSN: 1022-0038, Springer, Netherlands, August, 2008.
- H.J. Ju, I. Rubin, “Backbone Topology Synthesis for Multiradio Mesh Networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), Vol. 24, No. 11. November, 2006.
- R.Zhang, I. Rubin, “Robust Flow Admission Control and Routing for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,” Proceedings IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM’06), Washington, DC, October 23-25, 2006. (Best paper award for unclassified papers.); also, I. Rubin, R. Zhang, “Robust throughput and routing for mobile ad hoc wireless networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier, Vol 7, No. 2, pp. 265-280, 2009.
- A. Behzad and I. Rubin, “Optimum Integrated Link Scheduling and Power Control for Multihop Wireless Networks,” IEEE Trans. Vehicular Tech., Vol. 56, No. 1, January 2007.
- J. Hsu, I. Rubin, “Cross-layer design of Joint Routing and Rate Control in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks,” Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Wiley, Vol. 10, Issue 1, pp. 129-144, January, 2010.